Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Basilicious

After wanting to do this all summer, I finally got around to buying a few herbs to plant back in late August/early September so that I could quit spending millions of dollars at the grocery store on fresh herbs.  I know they won't last much longer (especially since it turned Winter here all of a sudden today) but I've already gotten my money's worth by using them for just a couple of dishes.  I have to say that the basil was the most impressive.  It doubled its size (or maybe even tripled - seriously) in just a couple of weeks! These were really easy (and I'm no Green Thumb) and save a lot of money if you like to use fresh herbs!

 Is someone wanting to sign me up for Photography 101 yet?
Doesn't this make you want a big Caprese salad!? Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment